Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just Thinking

I am sitting here unable to sleep.  I have spent the past days shopping, packing, and organizing. I lay awake at night thinking about minute details.  I am a person who likes to have control over a situation.  The things I can control-what to pack, exchanging money, making lists for people who are helping out with the house and pets while we're gone-I am attacking those with zeal.  It keeps me from pondering what a leap of faith this whole process is.  Every so often my head clears and I think about what I have little control over.  I don't know what region we will end up in Ukraine until we get there.  I don't know how long we'll be there.  I don't know her name or face.  With all the unknowns, you'd think a control freak like myself would be stressed. Instead, I feel most at peace when I think about the unknowns.  It's because I feel like she has already been chosen for us and we just have to enjoy our journey to her.  I used to think that it's so great that she has no idea her life is about to change dramatically.  That it would be so wonderful to see the look on her face when she realized she was being adopted.    A friend told me that she said a prayer that our little girl would know peace from now until she's adopted. Peace in knowing that she will soon be a part of a family.  I love that!  I'd much rather see the look of expectancy on her face when she meets us-I knew you'd come.

2 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

We are looking for a little girl under the age of 5. We have a three year old and we would like them to be close. Maybe we will see you while we are there. We will follow your journey and continue to pray for you.
Tammy

Kevin and Tammy said...

We do we have a daughter who is 23 and a nurse in Austin, TX. A son who is 21 and owns his own construction business. Our son will be married on October 11, providing that we get home. Then we have Alyssa. She is 3. We had her natural but had a scare with down syndrome so we decided to adopt another so that she has some one to grow up with. I hope we can meet up. It is so much fun having the younger ones again.
Tammy