Thursday, September 18, 2008

An American Citizen

Masha and Mike arrived home around 5:00 this evening.  She was very excited to see the house and to meet the pets.  We had dinner and then told her in order what she needed or could do.

1. shower
2. play
3. ice cream
4. bed

She agreed and is now clean and upstairs playing with Viktor.  They have been great together. Of course, we're only two hours into this and I realize sibling behavior will soon kick in.  For now, though, I choose to live in my fantasy world.  She picked up some English in the past few weeks and is trying to use it.  We're going to sneak upstairs now with a video camera and catch the two of them playing together.

Tomorrow she will meet Patrick.  I'll let you know what she thinks of him. Poor Brynn has called a few times already.  I know it's hard for her not to be here.  She's coming next week to spend time with Masha.

Ann and Bill, she has already mentioned you and wanting to see you on the computer.  We'll definitely set something up soon.

I will continue to blog as she settles in with us.  I will be as honest as possible but will try to accentuate the positive.

That's it for tonight.




3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! You made it. Congratulations to the entire McIsaac family!

Hanh Do said...

Yeah! She's here. Can't wait to meet her. Again Cathy, I envy you so much for doing this.

Melora said...

YEAH!!!

Please keep us updated!

Congratulations!!!