Sunday, September 14, 2008

Papa is There!

Mike arrived in Kiev today and is at Ann and Bill's house with Masha.  I talked to him on the phone a few hours after he arrived and I could hear her excitement in the background.  Her journey to America is almost over.  I just finished Skyping with them.  Everytime we talk and see each other on the computer, she asks to see the dog and her bedroom.  This time I showed her the Barbie dolls that are here for her.  We counted them together in English-five of them!  She was grinning from ear to ear.  By the time I saw them on the computer screen a few hours after the phone call, she seemed to have calmed down quite a bit.  I am a little worried about the trip  back to the U.S.  She has never been on a plane before and will be extremely excited.  We are going to have some of Ann and Bill's friends from church talk to her about expected behavior for the trip home.  Mike and Masha will also have a four hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany.  I figure he can just feed her during that time and she'll be fine!  Please pray that the next few days of final paperwork go well and that they can return home as planned on Thursday, Sept. 18.  Also, keep all the other families who are in Ukraine now in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Hanh Do said...

How exciting for Masha. We will continue to keep them in our prayers. It's almost over!