Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting Things Done

I have been home for 3 days.  I really needed this time to rejuvenate.  I spent my first day home doing laundry.  I've never been so glad to use a washer AND dryer in my life!  I spent my second day  shopping for clothes for Masha.  Most of the clothes that were donated to us will not fit her.  She is most definitely not as small as most Ukranian girls her age.  Her dresser in now stocked with adorable outfits.  I forgot how much I love shopping for girls' clothes!  I just found out that I will be returning to Kiev on Wed., Aug. 27 and be in the Odessa region on Aug. 28 getting the court decree, birth certificate, passport, and, of course, Masha.  If all goes well, I'll be there less than a week.  But I know I can't count on anything going as planned.  I really am not looking forward to the traveling part of my return trip but can't wait to get Masha home.  I'll keep you posted.

Cathy

4 comments:

junglemama said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Hanh Do said...

Okay, had to redo my password. Cathy, like I stated yesterday, kudos to you and your family. Good luck on your trip to pick up your beautiful Masha. I am so excited for you. Everything will be just fine. Have a safe trip. Can't wait to meet her. Will continue to pray for you all.

Kim Okuda said...

Wow! I am so excited for you all! I truly can't wait to meet her when you return. John and I have also decided to adopt. However, we are just going to stick with domestic. Currently, we are completing our home study. I'll explain everything when I see you! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Tell Viktor his "favorite" 4th grade teacher says hi.

Unknown said...

This is so exciting Cathy! I can't wait to meet Maria :). She is blessed to have you as a new family.