Monday, August 25, 2008

Going Back

I am heading back to Ukraine tomorrow to pick up Masha.  I will arrive on Wed.  I am lucky to be able to stay with my friends Ann and Bill while in Kiev.  Since Mike won't be with me, this is a God send!  On Thursday, I will go with our translator and a driver to the region where Masha is, which is Odessa.  We will spend the entire day getting paperwork done-picking up the court decree, getting her new birth certificate, etc.  I will then go and pick Masha up.  We will travel back to Kiev to complete the medical exams and get her passport.  I am hoping to be there a week.  The one thing that could keep us there longer is the passport.  That can take anywhere from 1-9 days to get.  Please keep your fingers crossed for us on that one.  I will be posting as often as I can.  It all depends on the availability of internet cafes!

4 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

I will be traveling back alone also. It is nice you get to stay with friends. I could possibly have that happen for me too! Best wishes.

Hanh Do said...

Oh yeah! I will keep my fingers and eyes crossed for you Cathy. We will continue praying for you. Tell Ann I said Hi and miss her.

Melora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melora said...

I am sending lots of good positive thoughts that the passport will come through right away! Heres to a good uneventful trip to pick your daughter!!
Good Luck! I check your blog all the time for updates!
Cant wait to get the kids together when you get back!

HUGS!!!