Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tour of Kiev

Still no luggage on day 3. As irritating as this is, it does make you realize how little you can get by on. We are hoping to get it today. They say that 4 of our 7 pieces have arrived but they won't deliver until all are there. It is too far and expensive to get to the airport ourselves so we're kind of stuck. It's amazing what will work as pajamas because your one pair of clothes are being washed every night!!

Yesterday was our tour of the city. Dima, a 20 year old student here, was a great tour guide. We walked for 6 hours around the city. Many of the streets were uphill and by the end of the day my feet hurt and I was exhausted. We saw churches and museums and learned a bit about the history of Ukraine. Very interesting. My only complaint is that it was very hot and we were outside the whole time. At the end of the day, Dima joined us for dinner. We were all hungry but none more than him. He ordered two entire meals!! I said to Mike after spending the day with him and observing his manners that, "His mother raised him right." He held doors open, stood so others could sit on the metro, held Viktor's hand as we crossed streets, etc. Hopefully, some of it will rub off on Viktor.

Today we go for our appointment. We will have a translator to help us weed through the files. We will hopefully make a decision today and thus know where we will be going and staying for the next few weeks. I will try to post later today to let you know how things went. I found out I won't be able to post her picture until right before we leave the country so I will just do my best to describe her.

Thanks again for your support.

1 comment:

lmk said...

Hello, McIssacs. We met you at the SDA today. I hope your appointment went well and your luggage arrives soon!

Lisa and Kurt Ketola
www.theblueshed.blogspot.com