Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Back

I just arrived in Kiev this afternoon. I took a taxi to Ann and Bill's house. I will be picked up tomorrow morning by Olga, my translator, and Sasha, the driver. We will spend the day driving to the town Masha's orphanage is in to get the court decree. We then head to the town of her birth, which is south of Odessa, to get her original birth certificate and have a new one issued. After that, we will head back to Odessa to pick up Masha. We will spend the night in Odessa and then head back to Kiev on Friday to handle the medical exams and visa/passport stuff. Since Monday is a holiday, I probably won't finish up until Tues. or Wed. I hope to be heading home by Wed. or Thurs. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

3 comments:

Louise said...

I am sorry that things will take longer than you had hoped. Maybe a few days with Mash will be good for both of you before you get on the plane.
Viktor was good on Tue. & we might have him again on Fri.

Louise

Hanh Do said...

Everything will be ok Cathy. Yeah, it will be good for Masha to spend some extra time in her homeland before leaving for America. I am so excited can't wait to meet her.

lmk said...

Cathy,

Wednesday in Independence Square sounds great! Should we say noon? Where do you want to meet? I can't wait to see Masha!

Lisa Ketola