Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Left Out a Detail

I just realized that some of you may be confused as to why we aren't going to see her for a few weeks.  My original plan was to stay in Ukraine during the 10 day wait between the court proceedings and when we can pick her up and take her.  In Ukraine, you have to wait 10 days after the court date to pick up the court decree and your child.  You then spend a few days taking care of Embassy things.  I have decided to go home during that time and come back.  Mike needs to get to work so I would be here alone.  I thought I could do it but realized I don't really want to.  The biggest problem is the language barrier.  With Brynn here is was doable.  With her gone, my 5 word Russian vocabulary just won't cut it.  Plus I miss my washer and dryer, books in English, watching the Olympics in English, etc., etc.  

1 comment:

Hanh Do said...

Oh I bet! It's nice to be away for a while but there is nothing like home sweet home.