Thursday, August 14, 2008

She is Excited!

We are still waiting to hear officially that our court date is tomorrow at 3:30.  The SDA is supposed to have the paperwork ready by 3:00 this afternoon.  If it's ready, we have a court date. If not, it won't be until next week.  

We went to see Maria today for what we believe will be the last time for a few weeks.  Although we felt as if she understood she would be coming to America with us, we weren't sure how she felt about it.  Before we left today, we had our translator call her and explain things to her.  As she was talking on the phone, she started to get more and more animated and excited.  She kept saying, "Da!"  When she hung up, she started dancing around.  The translator then told me that she knew we were flying to American and wanted to know if she would be going.  When she told her that she would be going in about two weeks, she was so happy.  She ran into the building and started telling the workers and the other kids.  She came back to me to check that she would really be flying on the plane with me in two weeks.  Again, she took off telling anyone who would listen.  All I could understand was "America!"  So, I guess we passed the test.  We are spending today getting things packed for our trip to Kotovsk tomorrow morning.  After the court date we will head directly to Kiev.  

Keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers, especially that Masha will be at peace these next few weeks as she awaits her journey to her new life.

4 comments:

Hanh Do said...

Wow!!! What a lucky girl! Everything will be just dandy! We will continue praying for you all. I can't wait to meet her.

Nancy said...

We'll keep praying too. Tomorrow will be a lucky day.

Lea said...

I'm so excited for you I am crying! Maria is about as lucky as you all are... doesn't get much better. Besides, how can it be bad when "The Maria" has her hand in things!!!

Have a safe journey. I can't wait to see pictures of Maria when you get here. And I am very excited to meet her.

You'll have your own candle again this week.

Kitty said...

Well, I was just informed by Babs that you have been blogging all along. I've been missing it all, but got caught up tonight!! Now, I sit here a soggy mess. Darn hormones! I am soooo happy for your family. I can't wait to see pictures of your daughter Maria. Hopefully we can catch up before your return to Odessa.